Carpe Diem

Written by Sam Floyd:

Being new to this blog, I wanted to make my first post slightly indicative of my personality. My life motto is "carpe diem". It's latin for "seize the day", and it's tatted on the backs of my arms for many reasons...

Life, as we perceive it from the first-person point of view, is one big experience consisting of the what's happening RIGHT NOW, and what's happened in the PAST. We all know that there are 3 main classifications of time: the past, present, and future. It's clear to see that life, as we experience it, does NOT consist of the future. (Yes, I realize that the future is very important, is is often what drives us to do the things we do in the present, but that's for another day).

What I am trying to say is: to make the most of life, you must make the most of EVERY SINGLE DAY. No one knows what the future holds, and your life could very well end tomorrow. Ask yourself this: If my life were to end tomorrow, would I be satisfied with what I have experienced in my life so far? If you can't honestly answer "yes", then this is the post you NEED to be reading.

One of my favorite music artists, B.o.B., has a tattoo on his forearm that reads "be in the moment". That is some of the best advice that anyone could ever give/receive. If you make the most of every moment, then you for damn sure have made the most of day. Days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months, months turn to years, and years turn into a lifetime. You only get ONE life, make the most of it. Kiss slowly, love hard, and most importantly, do what you WANT to do. A good friend of mine told me that he wouldn't trade our high school memories for all of the gold in africa. Memories are priceless. Those moments that you made the most of, will fade to memories that will bring you joy in moments in the future that you wish you weren't in, but unfortunately are.

Don't sit around waiting for life to come for you. Go get it. Make it happen. Live life to the fullest because tomorrow is not promised. (yeah, I DID just end that with a cliche')

2 comments:

Sam said...

Written by Sam Floyd

Anonymous said...

nicely said


krista cabret

Post a Comment