.::Complacency::.

I'm going to keep this blog short and to the point. I was thinking (something I like to do often...) and during my morning reflection, I thought about complacency. Do you know what complacency is? It is stagnation.

Complacency is self-satisfaction. Being overly pleased with oneself. To me, complacency means we're too comfortable with ourselves and our abilities. If you're satisfied where you're at, there's no motivation to rise higher. Don't misunderstand. We should be confident in who we are, comfortable in our skin, etc, etc. 

But the type of comfort I'm talking about is dangerous. You know, that kind of comfortable people get in relationships--the kind that ruins relationships. When complacent, we begin to take things for granted. We get lazy, sloppy... Comfortable. 

Complacency is stagnation... And stagnation is death. The opposite of stagnation is circulation, flow, movement, motion... LIFE. So stagnation is death, you see?

We should never be so satisfied that we become complacent and allow ourselves to commit the deadly sin of Sloth. 

You see, the 7 deadly sins have nothing to do with religion and everything to do with the devils that exist within self. They are deadly because they lead to your own physical, mental and spiritual death. 

More to come. Peace, Love and Elevation.

Written by: Genesis/Queen Tiye

0 comments:

Post a Comment