Apple is Raping Us: & We Like It :-)


Written By: Sam Floyd

As you all know, Steve Jobs unveiled Apple's next "big thing" on Monday: the iPhone 4. Personally I'm stoked about the thing, and plan on getting it the day it comes out. (smiley face). This is one of the those times that Apple actually releases something that's actually different enough for people to actually run out and go get it. Other times...eh, not so much.
How much cash do you think Apple has at it's disposal? Around...uhhh $40 Billion -ish. Do you know how they acquired so much capital? RAPE. Good, clean, old-fashioned rape. They lube us up real good with their awesome "trendy" commercials, then give it to us in the rear with their high prices (paying for the brand) and new releases.

...and you know what's crazy?

We like it.

I'm a total Apple freak (a part of their small, but loyal, market share), and don't know what I'd do without my MacBook Pro or my iPod. Their stuff is damn good and is the epitome of the word "functional". Simple, yet great technology.

But the reason Apple's revenues are so high isn't planned obsolescence, but planned upgrades. They take advantage of their loyal fan base, which they know is gonna go out and buy whatever new thing they come out with, by strategically planning when and what to put out next, while it's already developed. (just my opinion, course)

Take the iPhone for example.

First it was the regular iPhone. Then they add 3G capabilities and GPS, lower the price, and release the iPhone 3G. Then, they add video recording and voice control (which many other phones had by then), make it faster, and you have the iPhone 3Gs. Now we have the amazing iPhone 4, which in my opinion as stated earlier, is actually an upgrade.


Rape.


Like the video feature...come on. I don't believe for one second that the geniuses over at Apple's lab couldn't figure out how to put video recording on the freakin ORIGINAL iPhone. These guys are pioneers. They're always the first. But, they want the $$$, so they PLAN to just add that feature on later so they can make even MORE money off of you. Simple. (Like I said in my last post, "gotta get the dollas, baby!")

There's ALWAYS a new iPod, a new MacBook, a new iMac, a new whatever. It's just the way they do it. (rape). And it's always little, yet important shit. Like adding more gigs of memory, or making them faster while keeping the price the same. (rape).

And don't even get me started on the freakin iPad. They gave us an amazing super-portable labtop, an amazing phone that does absolutely EVERYTHING, and then gave us something in between. There is no need at ALL for an iPad, yet they're selling 1 every 3 seconds. 2 million in 2 months. (rape.) And think about this. That new amazing screen that the iPhone 4 has, the iPad doesn't. So look for a new one coming sooner than later. ;-)

They're only being released about 3 months apart. Is that long enough to develop THAT kind of amazing screen? Hmm...(rape.)

I'm not writing this to bash Apple, but to give my opinion. I love that company, I'd invest in their stock, and I buy their stuff. But I'm also AWARE of their evil ways. (and you should be too!)

...but like I said, I DON'T CARE. Because the stuff they make is awesome, to say the least.

0 comments:

Post a Comment