God Listens...Hope You Do Too


***Disclaimer, I believe in God; Now I understand not all of my readers do, however if you have a faith in something, someone, or any energy or power greater than you, working for you, that is who & what I am referring to when I say God; take it as a metaphor if you please.***

Let me cut to the chase....

God listens when you speak, and he delivers when you believe. Therefore when you ask for the most at your lowest moments, are you paying attention to yourself? I know it can be easy for people to say, "Things will get better..." but do you believe that? Because when you ask for things like happiness, love, courage, strength, etc., are you paying attention to the way you respond to those things when they come before you?

Please understand the power of prayer {which I truly believe prayers are poems that sing to the divine heart} because often times when we are down we ask to be picked back up immediately, selfishly ignoring and disrespecting the pace and time things works for us.

Believe you me no judgement is being passed around here though, because I, too, can be impatient for the things I want most. I also understand, however, the more I resist experiences manifesting at their own speed, rate, time, pace, etc., the more I am resistant to this limitless plan God has made for me.

Now on that ride back up, how does your ego feel? How does your spirit respond to others and their words? How do you respond back to what God places before you? One of my favorite things to often ask for is the courage to know the difference when it's placed before me. Here is a real life example: I was heavy into substance abuse{drinking excessively and smoking pot on more than regular basis} and I immediately felt like I had to be on defense. How could anyone say that I overly use anything when I don't believe and act as so? Like come on, do I really drink more than others?? Ignorant to my own truth, I felt righteous at a weak time in my life.

It took a lot of silent treatment from God and prayer for me to understand that by having others (i.e family and friends) say that I was abusing liquor and weed it was only their way of showing me what is truly UGLY. I had to recognize the damage I was doing to myself in order for me to want to change that aspect in my life. I had to recognize the damage I was doing to myself in order for me to know what self-esteem meant; to know what real love means when it comes out of to and it is charged back to you. The best love is SELF-love and I did not recognize that love until I was alone and vulnerable...

I believe whole heartedly that in order for you to feel your best you have know what is BEST. In order for you to LOVE at your best you must know who LOVES you at your best. You cannot go on through life without relationships, therefore cherish the people who support you, the people who keep it real with you, and the people who are always there even at their busiest moment.

Love is real. Love is God. If God listens, and you are too focused on the things and materialistic beings that have NO soul, you will miss out on the best parts of your life, & that is cheating!

Don't cheat yourself out of what you deserve and what you ASK for. Pay attention!

"If you feel like you are going to cheat, look up, look forward, & look within..." -Dr. Dennard

Laugh hard and often, God is great comedian.


By: HonduranQueeen

3 comments:

TeeL said...

Good. Really good and straight from the heart. Real.

Anonymous said...

I truly enjoyed this post. Often times I have to be careful what I ask God for. That is a lesson I learned in church one day (actually night in bible study). God's way is not the most conventional or common way. When you ask for strength, He's not going to just give you a jar of strength, but rather put you through strength training. That way you will always be strong.
Sorry that was a random tangent, but kudos on the blog! and THANK YOU for being real and open.
God Bless

Chelsea Simone said...

Ms. Blanco, I can't possibly agree with you more. I had to endure many unhealthy relationships before I took a look in the mirror and said, "Maybe its me." Counseling, prayer, and consulting with The Word daily brought me more than I could ever ask for. Before I began to self-actualize, I prayed every day for God to send me the right man, Lord send me a gentle, God-fearing man. He knew I wasn't ready for that! Instead He showed me that the most important relationship is the one I'm continuing to build with Him.

Post a Comment