Quotes.....

"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom." -Malcolm X


This inspires me because it applies equally to mental and physical bondage.


Dwight Bullard


"Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous. Actually, WHO are WE NOT to BE? We were born to make manifest. The glory of God is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people to do the same."

- Marianne Williamson


This inspires me because it reminds me that anything is possible no matter how strenuous the task may seem. This quote is a reminder that I was born of greatness because of the God that my ancestors and I serve so therefore knowing and acknowledging this fact invokes me to act as such. Often times we belittle ourselves or under mind our accomplishments to make others around us feel secure. However this quote lets me know that doing so does not benefit anyone. In fact, I believe that by telling of your accomplishments others will be more apt to better themselves as a result of YOUR own successes/accomplishments. #thatisall


Sherifa C Williams


"Permanence, perseverance and persistence inspite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak."

-Thomas Carlyle


This inspires me because it is the true definition of what it means to work hard regardless of what stands in your way. This quote keeps me focused whenever I hit a roadblock in life. It makes me work twice as hard to get past it.


Darren Shivers


"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."


This quote inspires me because i know that has its ups and its downs, and we are all subject to this. This quote speaks to me and says instead of letting my obstacles bring me down, I should find lessons in everything whether it be good or bad. As long a we can grow from our experiences we are never losing the battle.


Da'Ron Thomas


My favorite quote is MADE. M-A-D-E is an acronym for "my attitude determines everything."


Attitude is shaped by thoughts, and my thoughts shape how I feel about EVERYTHING. If I can control my thoughts to accept things and to see all things in a positive light (kinda like looking at the bright side) then I am able to persevere and succeed through any situation. Attitude really does shape everything.


Here's another one: "The attitude is the mind's paintbrush; it can color any situation. :)


Charyl Montgomery

0 comments:

Post a Comment