Your World Revolves Around You


"The World doesn't revolve around you!"


I heard this statement plenty of times growing up in a household that was always had more values and love than income. Times were sometimes hard and the selfish things I would ask for (gas money, new clothes, shoes, phones etc.) weren't always feasible. I would then complain and beg until eventually the conversations ended with an exclamatory phrase similar to the one above (which only made me more mad). It was like this for most of my life until I realized the value of hard work and the reality of the struggle that most of us are in. Eventually it culminated to the harsh realization that from a financial perspective, the world truly doesn't revolve around me, or any of us, and everything I wanted couldn't be attained. There wasn't enough money to accomodate my every want and desire.


I, recently, have realized that we all live in two seperate worlds. One of them is the above mentioned one filled with physical things that can be seen and touched (family, money, computers, cars etc.). The other, however, is just the opposite. It is one that is totally intangible but just as present. Its the world of your mind, body, and spirit. The sanctuary of your thoughts, habits, and feelings. Though it might seem abstract at times, your intangible world has so much of an effect on your tangible one and vica versa.


The combination of these two worlds is your UNIVERSE. And its all yours. A place where you can be selfish and demand things that you want. A place where you can manifest your dreams into meshing with your actions to produce a desirable future. A place where theres always enough dreaming to go around even when money is short. A place where you have the choice to be whatever you want. Literally. It all starts, though, inside. It has to. This world is a marvelous place and it has its way of delivering the physical circumstances which you attract by obssesive thinking. This works for both good and bad circumstances (trust me, I know), and the combination of thoughts and actions make up your personal universe.


We all see different things, which are percieved in different ways, which are applied differently to our different lives. Everyday. This is why we're all different and have different perceptions of reality and separate personal universes. You are the sun of your universe. The power. The light. The fuel. The inertia. Whatever you want to happen can and will if you have the confidence to dream and the patience to believe.


It is YOUR universe, and it really does revolve around you.
- Troy "TeeL" Harris

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I was a little lost, but once you explained how tangible+intagible= my universe I completely got where you were coming from. Thanks guy! Deep post...

Post a Comment